So, as I said in my last blog, this year I’ve decided to make a bucket list of things I want to do this year aside from the usual “eat clean”, “quit caffeine”, “ditch alcohol”, “get fit” and “save money” resolutions that I seem to make year in and year out. Now, whilst I am going to try and still do the things listed above, these aren’t the things that I want to be reflecting on when it comes to 2018. When 2018 comes around I want to be reflecting on good memories.
With all of that in mind, here are my initial ideas for my 2017 Bucket List. This will inevitably grow throughout the year. These aren’t in any specific order of importance…
- Go to an open air cinema in the summer – I want to feel like I’m in a real life movie…
- Attend a pottery painting session – I love taking the opportunity to be a little bit creative and I saw an advertisement within a local ceramics store for an adult only pots and pinot session which runs once a month and I’d absolutely love to give it a try.
- See a Cirque du Soleil show – my boyfriend always talks about how amazing these shows are and I feel like I’m missing out.
- Go to a festival or concert – obviously this is something that I’ve already done but I had such a great time at all of them that it’s of course on my list again for this year.
- Create a scrapbook full of memories to reflect on at the end of the year – so I can relive the memories everyday.
- Re-decorate the feature wall in my bedroom – It’s about time those Pinterest boards come to life
- Try Bikram Yoga – I regularly go to Pilates as a way to build my core and to de-stress after a stressful week. I’ve heard a lot about Bikram Yoga and would love to give it a go. Whether I’m any good or not is a different question…
- Have a Microdermabrasion- yes, I am still hung up that my appointment didn’t go as planned last year and the only way for me to get over it is to give it a try.
- Go to Harry Potter studios in London – my whole family loves Harry Potter and it seems a shame that I haven’t been already given that I live so close to it.
- Have a romantic weekend away in a cute lodge in the countryside with no phones or technology – just us.
- Visit a new country that I have never been to before – my initial thoughts are Croatia as it looks beautiful and I’ve seen it in many travel guides as the place to be but I usually book holidays last minute as 1. I’m quite impulsive 2. you can save almost half price by booking last minute trips so I’ll probably end up somewhere totally unplanned.
- See the Eiffel tower – even though it’s literally a few hours away, I’ve never actually been to Paris and have only actually been to France once.
- Have a croissant and coffee at a cute Parisian café – yes, I stole this idea from Me before You #sorrynotsorry.
- Have a day trip in Brighton and go up the i360 – I missed out on going up the i360 for a work event so it’s definitely on my hit list this year.
Accomplishments/ Personal Growth
- Participate in a writing challenge – I love writing and this is a perfect way to push myself and grow my skills.
- Learn how to curl my hair properly – I got a new hair curler for Christmas so I really feel like I need to master the art of curling my hair to make the most of it.
- Attend a cookery class – being a massive foodie, I’d love to learn how to make authentic food from a particular cuisine. Indian food or Spanish tapas would be top on my hit list!
- Get 100+ followers on my blog before the year is up – having only started my blog a few months ago, I still have a lot to learn but I’d love to build up my following. If you have any top tips, please do let me know!
There you have it.
That’s my initial plan of what success looks like in 2017. I’d love to hear what your plans are for the year and whether or not you’ve already broken your new year’s resolutions or if you’ve been strong willed and stuck with it.
You’ll be pleased to know that my usual January commitments have gone well so far – I committed to saving money and eating healthy at work and have taken in a healthy lunch every day this week. I also haven’t had any coffee or alcohol since the new year which is pretty impressive for me and have been to the gym twice this week already out of my goal of three times a week.
Finally, thank you again for reading my blog and for your continued support. I’d love to know any ideas of what you would like to read about next.
<a href=”https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/18401783/?claim=pawqm4qap89″>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>